Friday, May 16, 2008

Retail Therapy

I've been having a rough few days at work (which I will not get into because it would require pages worth of blogging), so I decided to treat myself to a few new things.

JCrew's extra 20% sale (plus free shipping codes) is probably my biggest vice. It sucks me in and allows me to justify all my purchases, since it's all SO cheap. I ordered this dress and it will be here Monday. I can't wait to see it in person.

The color is obviously amazing and I think the cut will be very flattering as well. They also had it in a pink brocade, but I didn't love it. The best part is that it has pockets, which is definitely my latest obsession in skirts and dresses this season. I'll report back when it gets here. What color shoes do I wear it with though???

I also have been slowly and secretly ordering/buying new fun stuff for our house. I know it doesn't make sense to buy things before you move in, but I can't help myself. This is the first house that I've lived in post college that has a fireplace. I have no idea why this excites me as much as it does. So I ordered a candle holder that sits in the bottom of the fireplace! This is probably really nerdy, but I just really like them and since we probably won't make a lot of fires in the fireplace, I want something in there so it's not just bare. I can't find the exact one online, but here's a picture that's really close to the one I got:

I've also been shopping for outdoor furniture, but I won't be buying anything without Sailor Boy's input. I LOVE Teak...but that's not really in our budget right now. Maybe I can convince my parents we need a nice new patio set as a housewarming present!


In non-shopping related news, tonight we're going to a surprise party for our good friend L. She has no idea her husband B has been planning this for weeks, and to be honest, she doesn't really strike me as someone who likes surprise parties. Plus, he's taking her out to dinner and leaving the basement door unlocked, so that we can all let ourselves in before they get back and surprise her. To me, this is not such a good idea. I don't know too many girls who like coming home from a nice romantic dinner with their man to find 30 people in their basement, eating their food and drinking their beer. Plus, B sent an email saying he "got some food for the party" and to "help ourselves". This is boy speak for "I got 6 bags of chips and a couple of cases...come on over". I feel like L would probably want a little bit of say in this party, mainly in cleaning and organizing the house and serving actual hors d'oeuvres and food. We shall see.

If the weather holds up, hopefully we will be taking Spencer hiking with us on Sunday. Sailor Boy is very big into the outdoors (fishing, mountain biking, camping, hiking) and while he can't convince me to join him in all those activities, he has made me quite the hiker. I love it! There's some really great parks and trails all within driving distance of our house, so we go quite a bit in the spring, summer and fall. I really like exploring new areas and seeing cool new things. This is the first time we're bringing Spencer with us, so I hope it goes well. Being a hound mix, she's quite a sniffer, so it may not be a very productive hike, as I'm sure she will want to smell every plant, leaf and rock.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing weekend!!

2 comments:

Real Housewife of Jefferson County said...

Love the dress! I would suggest white, nude or gold strappy sandals.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love the yellow dress- so fun!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs