Monday, May 12, 2008

Pennies for Tulips

So my mother's day brunch was a success!! I made two quiches and they both came out well. I think quiche is sort of a perfect food...you can pretty much add anything you want, pour some eggs on top and then put it in the oven for an hour and it's done. so easy. I made a huge fruit salad with fresh mint on top...my dad had like 3 helpings. I didn't realize he was such a fruit guy. We also consumed a few bloody mary's each...oops. This led to Sailor Boy, Spencer and I taking a long nap on the couch for a good part of the afternoon.

I went to get tulips for my mom early Sunday morning (i know, i'm a bad daughter). As I'm checking out of the Giant with my orange tulips, the cashier gave me a bit of helpful information. Put pennies in the bottom of the vase with the tulips...it will make them last longer. Then, the woman in line behind me chimed in with "if you use pennies from before 1981, it will be better since those are pure copper". Well alright. Did anyone else know this bit of tulip trivia?? So I went home, dug out some old pennies and gave it a try. The cool part was as soon as I put them in the vase, they opened right up, which was nice. My mom loved them and I will check with her in a few days to see if they are still pretty. Here's the pics I took of the tulips before I gave them to her:
We did also manage to take Spencer to the dog park by our house for a little while, which she loves. She's right in between playing in the small dog park and playing in the big dog park. She thinks she is a big dog (she still has some growing to do) and loves to play with the big dogs, but sometimes she gets intimidated by them and wants to go to the small dog area. I think she personally does better in the small area, since she's still a puppy and she's still learning how to play. Plus, I think she does like being the biggest and fastest dog in the little area. It's just as entertaining for me and Sailor Boy as for Spencer...we've even made some human friends there.

And just because she's the cutest puppy in the world, here's some new pics of Spencer girl I took the other night
Seriously...can anyone resist that face???

3 comments:

Kate said...

She is too cute! I love those big puppy paws :) My neighbor's dog (who is really small) truly believes he is a big dog. It is hilarious!

Red and White Preppy said...

Thanks for the tip about the tulips :)

My dog forgets that she only weighs 11 pounds and will run after much bigger dogs. Love the pictures of your cutie :)

kristy said...

what a cutie! and such pretty flowers toO!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs