Saturday, May 3, 2008

Better Late than Never

So I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures from the brunch we threw for my bff K a few weeks ago for her engagement. It wasn't a shower...we just wanted to have a fun ladies only party to celebrate K being newly engaged. Since I'm a wedding/event planner, I always feel like there is a lot of pressure on me to make all the parties I throw really thought out and detail oriented. I think this one came together perfectly...whenever you throw a party for a group of girls, your hard work does not go unnoticed. We of course did a whole pink, green and preppy theme...sort of a little bit shabby chic as well.
My friend R' s house where we hosted the party...how perfect is that pink tree in the front yard?
Drink Table - Sailor Boy's contribution to the party was to make me 2 pitchers of sweet tea...its seriously some of the best I've ever had (and I went to college in North Carolina so I'm picky about my sweet tea)
We cleared out all the furniture from R's living room and made that the dining room Dessert!

Food Table - we had so much food...I cooked all weekend leading up the party
The Favors - tea bags of South African Tea. K was actually born and raised in South Africa, so we thought it would be nice to tie that in.

Since we did such a big, fun, girly party for this...I have no idea what I will come up with for the shower!!

4 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Love the pictures! Glad things turned out well :)

Kate said...

Just gorgeous- will you plan my next party?? ;)

MMM said...

Cute party! It looks like lots of fun and it made me really hungry.

Chere Amie said...

Thanks for your note earlier. Winnie is doing much better, but my husband just laughs at how pathetic I am. Glad someone can sympathize. The pics of your engagement brunch or beautiful! (And I LOVE your friends house too!)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs