Monday, May 5, 2008

6 Random Things

So no one tagged me to do this, but I'm doing it anyway!!! Six completely random things about me...

1. I had braces for 7 years. I got them on in 3rd grade and off in 10th grade. Yes, my teeth were "jacked up" (that's what sailor boy says when he sees pictures of me from back then...isn't he so romantic). Because of this, I am now anally obsessed with keeping my teeth straight. After I got my braces off, I wore my retainers religiously every night. It's definitely trailed off, especially now living with Sailor Boy (it's not very romantic to cuddle up to a metal mouth every night). But I still try to wear them at least 2 times a week.

2. I always have a ponytail holder on my wrist. In case I need to throw my hair up in a ponytail. This wouldn't be so weird except for last summer, I completely chopped my hair off into an angled bob (think Jenny McCarthy) so it doesn't fit into a ponytail anymore. But it's a habit now from when I had long hair, so I still just keep it there....i even sleep and shower with it on my wrist. Sometimes after they get worn out or gross, I'll replace it with a new one. Even when I'm dressed up, I have to remind myself to take it off. Right now the one I have on my wrist is hot pink.

3. I failed my driving test 3 times when I was 16. If I had failed one more time, they would have made me re-take driver's ed and wait 6 months to take the test again. The 2nd time I failed I actually got into an accident with another car on the course. It was a girl I went to high school with and she bumped me as she was turning into the course and I was exiting. We both failed automatically...and I had just completed the whole course and passed! I was so upset that I didn't speak to her for weeks at school.

4. I'm obsessed with Clorox Wipes. Like, really obsessed. Last year, as one of my christmas presents, Sailor Boy bought a 4 pack, wrapped them and put them under the tree. And I loved it. I compulsively wipe the kitchen counters and floors with them several times a day. I probably go through a container every 2-3 days. My favorite is the orange scented ones.

5. When I was 23, I went to visit my best friend C who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. On my last night of visiting her, we decided to bring 2 water bottles of vodka to the bar with us in our purses to save money on buying drinks. (We thought this would be a really awesome idea after we'd already had some drinks in her apartment) It worked great, except for halfway through the night, I reached into my purse to get my cell phone and I realized that my water bottle had come open and the entire bottle of vodka had leaked into my purse. There was literally a puddle of vodka in the bottom on my purse. My cell phone, camera, wallet were all SOAKED (and the cell phone and camera were dead). It was very interesting trying to fly home the next day and not be able to call Sailor Boy to tell him my flight landed and that he could come pick me up from the airport...he still hasn't let me live that one down. Oh, and it was my favorite black purse...which I had to throw away because it was ruined.

6. The first time I tried to cook for Sailor Boy (like 2 weeks after we started dating), I thought I would come off cool by cooking him this huge meal of enchiladas, beans and rice. Only I couldn't cook AT ALL. I got my roommate at the time to give me her recipe for enchiladas because they were so good and easy. The secret ingredient in them is actually Cheez Whiz (i swear, it's really good). Well I didn't read the recipe and added the entire jar of Cheez Whiz (it called for 1/4 jar), plus an entire bag of shredded cheese (it called for half a bag). I didn't realize this until we start eating them and we're both like "wow, these are really cheesy"...about 10 minutes later we both are laying on the couch in pain from the extreme cheesiness. I think we were each only able to eat like 4 bites of it before we realized it was basically unedible. I haven't made enchiladas since that. I have also become a much better cook...now I actually read the whole recipe!

1 comment:

Kate said...

"I was so upset that I didn't speak to her for weeks at school"- made me laugh out loud! I feel your pain- I failed for going to slow (didn't think that was possible!).

I'm obsessed with the Clorox wipes too.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs