Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wedding Mania!

I'm obviously at an age where all my friends are getting engaged/married. It seems like all we do is attend weddings, showers, engagement parties, etc. The one I'm most excited about is my very best friend K, who is getting married in April. A few weeks ago, Sailor Boy's good friend W proposed to his long-time girlfriend C. They have literally been dating for 10 years (they met in high school), they own a house together, have two dogs, etc. It's been a long time coming. C's ring is AMAZING and I've been so excited for her and helping her start her planning.

Well they finally set a date and place last night. They are getting married in Block Island, Rhode Island next summer. Both their families vacation together in Block Island every year, so it was obvious that's where they wanted the wedding to be. They booked the Sullivan House, which is a bed and breakfast right on the ocean, with beautiful views and New England charm. I can't WAIT! I've never been to Block Island, but I've heard it's amazing. Sailor Boy is in the wedding, and we're planning on making a mini-vacation out of it and taking a few extra days to sightsee around the area. You have to take a ferry out to the island, which I think is so fun! Has anyone ever been? Any opinions or recommendations for us??

2 comments:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

That is exciting! I guess there is hope for the b/f and I to get engaged. We've been dating for 7 years...it's always nice to hear about people who have dated longer and get engaged!

Barefoot in the Park said...

i feel the same way! we are going to #6 in the past month and a half (yes every weekend, i could be on your schedule!) tomorrow.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs