Monday, October 27, 2008

The Big 2-7

So my birthday was FABULOUS!! It's still a little hard to believe I'm 27. Yikes. That is definitely a little too close to 30 for me. Even though I had to work all day, I still had a really great day. I woke up late (ok, 8:30...but that is really late for me) and then Sailor Boy and I went out to breakfast. I had to be at work at 11am, but we still managed to have a nice meal. I was tempted to order a mimosa, but since I had to deal with a crazy wedding all day, I decided against it.

Work was another story...my wedding was insane. The families of the bride and groom were just NOT nice. In fact, they were downright rude and nasty. Even the bride was rude little you know what. I had actually be dreading this wedding for a while - I knew they were not going to be nice and since it was on my birthday, it was even more of a bummer. I mean, the mother of the bride never called me by my name (even though I introduced myself to her no less than 10 times)...she called me "girl" and kept snapping at me (no, I'm not exaggerating) But I got through it, and I smiled the entire time. Yes, I'm a true professional...haha.

Oooh...one good part of my work day - my office had a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me when I got in on Sunday morning! I love them!!I got home around 7pm and I was pretty exhausted from running around all day. But I perked up when I pulled in our driveway and I realized that Sailor Boy had invited my BFF K and her fiance B over for dinner! He told me he had a special dinner planned for me when I got home from work, so I was happy to have a little impromptu dinner party! Sailor Boy also made a DELICIOUS meal...Shrimp Creole over rice! That's the meal his mom made both him and his brother for their birthdays growing up. I had actually never had it before, but it was SO good! And we have a ton leftover, I'm excited to eat for lunch again today.

He also made a chocolate cake - complete with sprinkles! It was yummy, I even had a piece for breakfast this morning. I was super impressed with his baking skills! Here's the cake after we cut several large pieces.
I also got some fun presents. My bff K got me an amazing yellow scarf. I had mentioned to her a few weeks ago that I really wanted a yellow scarf (I know, random) but she found me the cutest one ever...it's super soft and really long, which I love!! She also got me an electric wine opener, which I'm obsessed with!! I have been wanting one for a while, since I'm a super spaz at opening wine. This one is rechargeable and will open 40 bottles of wine with 1 charge!! I love it!

Sailor Boy and I had talked about not doing presents, since we just bought our new TV a few weeks ago, but he got me something small so I would have something to unwrap on my birthday. He got me reusable grocery bags!! And I never even told him they were on my birthday list!! There's a new store in Annapolis called "Shag Bags" and he went in last week to check it out and realized that I would love the bags. Here's the one he got for me:
Yes, he really does know me very well...pink polka dots with a green strap...I'm totally obsessed!!

So it was a wonderful birthday! I'm off of work today and tomorrow to make up for the fact that I worked ALL weekend. I'm absolutely exhausted, but I'm definitely not too tired to go treat myself to a pedicure and a little belated birthday shopping!

4 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Happy belated Birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you sometimes have to deal with such nasty people at work. I am planning a wedding for next fall and I can't imagine being so rude! Have a great week!

Barefoot in the Park said...

Excellent job to your boyfriend! Happy Birthday!

Well I Do Declare said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs