Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 2

It's my 2nd day off from work and I promised myself I would actually do more today than I did yesterday. I had all these shopping plans yesterday, but I was just so exhausted that most of the day, I snoozed on the couch with Spencer.

Speaking of Spencer, she must have known I was tired yesterday and I just wanted a nice relaxing day. She was quite a naughty little dog. I had been laying on the couch, eating my chocolate cake right out of the pan. Wow, I can't believe I just admitted that. Oh well, it's true...I was an extreme lazy butt yesterday. Anyways, I set the pan on the coffee table and walked into the other room for a minute to get a load of laundry in the washer. When I left, Spencer was dead asleep on the couch...literally snoring. I return a few minutes later to see her standing next to the coffee table with her whole snout IN the cake, licking and eating as fast as she could!! I literally almost died. My delicious cake was now dog food...not to mention I had to call the vet to make sure she wasn't going to die from chocolate poisoning.

After the cake incident, I decided she might be better off playing in the yard for the rest of the day. I let her out back and I'm sitting in our office, checking email. I look out the back window in that room to see what she's up to and I notice she's playing with something and then I see she has something hanging out of her mouth....by the tail. Yes, a mouse. She's running around with it like it's the greatest thing in the world. I get some rubber gloves on and grab my dustpan and brush and I head outside, only to have Spencer think it's really fun to play "keep away" from me. She did not want to give that mouse up without a fight. After quite a game of chase, I finally get her to drop it and then I have to basically sweep it up in the dustpan and then throw it into the woods. Let me just say, she must have been playing with that thing for a while...absolutely disgusting!!

Even though she may be a little terror, I still love her...she's too cute to stay mad at.


So I didn't really get to have the relaxing day that I wanted, but it's ok. I'm heading to the new J.Crew outlet today, complete with some birthday money and tips from work. This could be dangerous!

2 comments:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I'd have to say that my puppy and Spencer would be hell on wheels together. I was going to give Cricket a busy bone in her kennel when I left for class yesterday and I had it lying on the counter. Needless to say, when I walked into the room she is trying to get it out of the plastic wrapper herself. She is insane. I hope you have a good day shopping and happy late birthday!!

Lulu said...

Have fun shopping!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs