Friday, February 6, 2009

Yes, but can you monogram it?

Obviously, I am quite obsessed with monogramming things. I personally think there's not much in life that doesn't look better with a monogram on it. I am very very excited to get my new monogram after Jake and I get married because I love it: kEj I will be dropping my last name and keeping my middle name. Even though I'm the last one in my family to have this last name, I'm not a huge fan of it and it doesn't sound right as a middle name. My old monogram (kHj) is nice, but I just like the E much better.

I've had my eye on several items I'd like to get with my new monogram. My BFF K actually already gave me my first married monogrammed item (but don't worry...I have not and will not use it until after the wedding!). She got me a fabulous jewelry case from Pottery Barn, in a fun green velvet, with my new initials in light pink. I'm definitely packing it for the honeymoon! (it's just like the red one in the bottom left, but it's in the green color)

Last night, after several glasses of wine, I ordered this amazing new bathing suit, to wear on the honeymoon, with my new initial embroidered on the bottoms...




I got my monogram in pink on the bottoms! So excited! I love bandeau tops...they work well on small chested girls, like myself

I have a silver monogrammed ring that I wear every day that I got for my 21st birthday from my sorority sisters. I'd love to get a new one with my new initials...possibly a perfect wedding day gift for Jake to get me??? Is it weird that I don't need/want nice fancy sparkly jewelry from Jake for our wedding, but instead I want a wonderful preppy monogrammed ring??
You can really never have too many bags. I like this oversized weekender bag from Periwinkle. I would get it in pink with a chocolate brown monogram. Yes, please!!

Can I just tell you how obsessed with this bedding I am? I love the big oversized monogram pillows and how crisp and clean everything looks. Actually, I'll just take the whole room.

There really should be a way to indicate on your registry that you'd like certain items monogrammed. My friends and family know me very well though, so I'm sure I will get plenty of monogrammed items!

Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Love it all! You were brave to get your swim bottoms monogrammed, I'd have to try them first! (maybe you did) I love the ring and think it would make for a fabulous wedding gift! I got the whole set from PB in the apple green and love them!

Preppy in Philly said...

I LOVE monograms too. Pretty much everything on my registry was monogrammed in fact. If you register with the Pottery Barn, you can indicate that you would like an item monogrammed and how it should be done (what color, style, etc.). There is also a great store that does monogrammed bar ware and serving trays that I registered with - www.sterlingcutglass.com. They ship anywhere in the country! Have fun monograming your new life. P.S. Super cute swim suit.

Sandra said...

Yes, monogramming is a wonderful thing. You know it does "make the world go round" - hehe :-)

Mrs. Nurse said...

I love the idea of monogramming the swim bottoms! They will look super cute :)

Seaside Prep said...

hooray for monograms!! Where oh where girly did you get that bikini? So cute!!

Amanda C. Bee said...

I love the swimsuit! Great purchase! If I could monogram everything I'd be a happy camper.LOL re: sweet tea vodka...stan and joes is the best! I just found out that
Davis's has is it as well! I'm so glad more bars are carrying it! Not going to lie sometimes I would start the night off at stan and joes to get my fix. I found the large bottle at
Dawsons in severna park(I'm sure you know where it is) in case you wanted to get a bottle or two.LOL

Kate said...

I am so with you on the monograms!

I can't wait to see the bathing suit with the monogram. I love navy and pink together!

jessica lynn said...

love the bathing suit and the ring! i am thinking i might have to order them for myself!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! these monogrammed pieces are so amazing. Indeed, personalized items are always a hit. i have seen plenty of monogrammed wedding gifts at americanbridal.com... I have spotted some that can make a perfect wedding gift for my soon-to-be bride friend.

Sara Jane Rider said...

I love, love, love the bathing suite. (: I just bought this camo bikini and was thinkning about getting my last name or my first and middle name(^) monogramed on the bottoms by the seam on the back, haha. Only thing is I have a last name that guys might take wrong. lol Good luck tho!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs