Thursday, February 12, 2009

All about the boys

After MUCH debate, we finally got everyone on board with the guys outfits for the wedding. My mom really wanted tuxedos, but we convinced her that with a completely outdoor wedding in early September, it will just be too hot for all of that. Plus, our wedding is seriously casual and Jake had NO interest in wearing a tux for the wedding.

The guys will be wearing khaki pants, white button downs and navy blue blazers. I love this look!

(photo by Steven Voss Photography)

We got the ties this weekend (MAJORLY on sale) and I'm totally obsessed with them. They are just the right colors and they have a fun preppy stripe. We're giving them to the guys as part of their groomsmen gifts.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality...I've realized I am really bad at taking pictures! The 3 groomsmen will be in yellow and Jake will wear the green. Here's the closeups...
Because I'm a huge nerd, I also took some pictures of the ties next to the bridesmaids dresses. Even though they do not perfectly match, I think they look good together.
Can I just say how obsessed I am with those flower belts we got?? They look black in the picture, but they're navy. They really do help to dress up those dresses, since they are also pretty casual.
The groomsmen will just have a green cymbidium orchid boutonniere, with probably some berries or some other small flower with it. Love the green grosgrain ribbon on this one...
And my FAVORITE part of the boys outfits is Jake's boutonniere. I found this a few weeks back on Tying the Knot (which is a wonderfully fabulous wedding blog!!)

(photo by Paul Johnson)

I am TOTALLY in love with this! The fact that Jake is seriously obsessed with fishing pretty much sealed the deal when I saw this picture. I showed my florist and she's so excited to re-create it. She'll be using the same green stuff (I have no idea what it is) and adding in yellow instead of that reddish flower like the picture. At first I was going to do this as a surprise to Jake, but I wanted to make sure he would actually like it, so I showed him. I was so happy that he loved it! I like that his flowers will be a little bit different than the boys and will totally represent him and his favorite past-time!

7 comments:

Mrs. Nurse said...

I love those ties. They may not be the exact shade, but close enough :)

Wila (aka Ali) said...

LOVE the guys' looks. So preppy, classic, summery. Perfect. And I think the ties are great! It's all coming together perfectly!!!

Pearls and Bows said...

Your wedding will be beautiful. So cute and preppy!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

So I have decided when the day comes that I do finally get married, I am flying you down to help me plan everything. What you have written about your wedding is everything I have ever wanted! I love all of your stuff!!

I mean this in a totally un-creepy way!

Posh Peach said...

Ohh love it all! The dresses and ties look fabulous.

QueenBeeSwain said...

it's all so perfect! LOVE it all!

kHm

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog. I love it. I love what you picked for everyone to wear. The colors are gorgeous! So appropriate for the time of year & for the outdoors! Preppy & PERFECT!!
Love it!! I can't wait to see more!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs