Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

We did ALOT of wedding stuff this weekend. I feel accomplished, but overwhelmed by what we still have to do as well. I'm feeling very blah and unorganized in all this wedding planning madness...I really need to energize myself to get back to staying organized. Less than 7 months now!

Sunday morning we went to Macy's to register. Yeah, I totally thought it would take an hour and we were def there for almost 4 hours. Yikes. It was actually super stressful and overwhelming. We literally roamed the aisles of the housewares department with no real direction or plan. I think our biggest problem that the woman "helping" us was really quite annoying. I asked her for a checklist we could use when we were going around the store and she said they didn't have that. Umm, ok. Too bad my BFF K got one when she registered there. It would have been nice to have so that we could go to each section logically and register that way. She literally followed us around and each time we scanned something, she went "hmmm that's not the item I would have registered for, but if that's what you want". I just really wanted her to go away...it seriously felt like we were on candid camera because she was so in your face! I kept asking Jake if we could just be done and leave. But we stuck it out and got through pretty much everything. We head to Crate and Barrel this Sunday and I really hope our experience is more enjoyable.

While we were at Macy's, we headed down to the men's jewelry department because they were having a big sale, and we got a bunch of discounts since we were registering that day. We weren't planning on it, but we ended up getting Jake's wedding band for 75% off! It's just a plain white gold band...exactly what he wanted. Can I just say...it was WEIRD to see that ring on his finger!!

We also went to the men's department and found all the ties for the boys and saved 50%...we got all 4 ties for less than $70 total! Woo Hoo! I'll have to post pics of the ties this week, I'm totally in love with them!!

Hope everyone had a nice relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Great progress! Is the woman at Macy's trying to drive away customers? How awkward to have her following you around!

Seaside Prep said...

Hooray for getting his band! Such a steal too!:) I hope the Crate and Barrel experience is more enjoyable!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs