Sunday, September 28, 2008

But is it in HD?

Look at what Sailor Boy and I purchased today (somewhat on a whim):
The picture does not do it justice, because it's beautiful in real life. I had been contemplating buying a nice new shiny flat screen TV for a few weeks now but Sailor Boy hasn't really been on board with it. He thought it was an unnecessary purchase in our lives right now. However, I convinced him to go to Best Buy today to "just look". I knew as soon as we started looking at them, he would be hooked. It totally worked. We got lured into the wall of TV's in the back of the store and after about 20 minutes and a short tutorial from the helpful (which was a surprise!) saleman, we made our purchase. Plus, it was on sale, so we couldn't feel too guilty!

Our old TV was a hand-me-down from my parents and it was literally the oldest, crappiest TV ever. It was from 1988 and it had wood paneling on the sides. It also weighted approximately 586 pounds. So we were about due for an upgrade. I feel like I'm part of the 21st century now.

The funniest part is even though I was the one who wanted the new TV, I really didn't understand the whole "HDTV" thing. Obviously all new TV's are High Definition, but I didn't quite know what that meant. To me, the picture on all new TV's looks great, and waaaaaay better than our old horrible TV. I have a hard time distinguishing the HD from the regular channels on the new TV, which is driving Sailor Boy CRAZY. It all just looks so crisp and sharp, so I guess what is the big deal about HD??? He'll put on an non-HD channel and then a HD channel and I swear they look the same. All I know is that it's a major improvement from the old TV, so what does it matter? I love our new TV!!

1 comment:

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

yay for new tv's i got my new one this summer and despite the initial buyers remorse i love it now, its my baby, next to cheese the chihuahua

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs