Monday, September 15, 2008

I love Cake.

Sailor Boy's parents came over for dinner last night and his mom was sweet enough to bring dessert - chocolate cake! She knows it's my absolute favorite. She also brought me the recipe and told me it's one of the easiest cakes in the world to make (which is good for me because I'm baking challenged). It's from Southern Living.

Triple Chocolate Cake
  • 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
  • 1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring with a whisk to remove large lumps. Add oil and next 3 ingredients, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.

Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. Melt the remaining cup of chocolate morsels to make a glaze and drizzle on top of cooled cake.

Here's a picture I took of the cake this morning. This is after me and Sailor Boy both had slices for breakfast :-)
Is it bad that they brought the cake last night and it's already half gone??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I make this same cake with a yellow cake mix. I mix a whole package of chocolate chips into the batter and also add 1 tsp of vanilla. I don't put anything on the top since it has all of the chocolate chips in the cake itself. I seriously can eat this whole cake by myself!! The last time I made it, I had a piece every night instead of dinner!!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs