Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Catching up - the first 4 months

Part of me is sort of bummed that I didn't blog the beginning of this pregnancy, but we really didn't tell anyone except immediate family until I was 14-15 weeks along. But then right at 14 weeks, I woke up one day with a large baby bump, so we figured the cat needed to get out of the bag! ha! So here's an abbreviated version of the weekly pregnancy posts, for the first four months!


Due Date: May 27, 2012

How Big is Baby: Well he started out as a poppy seed and grew all the way to like an avocado I believe in week 16. Currently in week 19, he's a mango!

Symptoms: I pretty much had every pregnancy symptom ever in the 1st trimester. The extreme all day nausea started around week 6, but luckily pretty much vanished in week 13. The exhaustion was seriously ridiculous - I didn't realize a person could be so tired all the time. My weekends in the fall basically consisted of sleeping on the couch and J bringing me food/forcing me to eat. I had some bad food aversions and couldn't really eat anything unless it was a carb. I also had horrible bloating/gas (lovely!), extreme headaches and heartburn (which I still have). Honestly, all these symptoms went away in the beginning of the 2nd trimester, so I can still say that being pregnant is amazing, because I feel great now! Selective amnesia I guess!

Cravings: Eggo Waffles (we literally started buying these in bulk from Sam's Club because I was eating so many of them), Spaghetti-O's, Orange Juice, Ice Cold Water. This is literally what my entire diet in the 1st trimester consisted of. Picture of health right?? Don't worry, I'm actually eating vegetables now!

Sleep: Pretty horrible right from the beginning. Right after we found out, I think I was really nervous/excited so I hardly slept. Then that was replaced by getting up to pee at least 2 times a night. I did nap like a champ though several times a day, especially from week 6 - 10.

I Can't Live Without: My large water bottle, so I can keep track of how much water I'm drinking and leggings, long v-neck tshirts from Target and cardigans (pretty much my daily wardrobe now)

I Miss: Sleeping through the night without getting up to pee a million times, not having any back pain and sushi.

I am Looking Forward to: I'm trying to enjoy the pregnancy as it happens, so I try not to look ahead too much. I think I was looking forward to getting out of the 1st trimester so I could relax a little bit and start feeling better.

Milestones: Making it out of the 1st trimester alive!

Awkward Moments: I think pregnancy is generally awkward all together. All the body changes and weird things that happen to you. It's a surreal experience!

Exercise: I fought through a lot of the nausea and exhaustion and actually did work out in the 1st trimester. I jogged (just recently stopped because it was feeling really weird!) and went for long walks. I also have been doing a prenatal yoga and prenatal pilates DVD every day - I alternate between the 2 every other day. I love them both and I think they are definitely keeping me feeling good, especially when I started getting back/hip pain.

Diet: Whatever I could keep down?

Movement: I guess since this is my first pregnancy, I didn't really know what I was looking for as far as movement. I never really felt any "flutters" except for maybe 1 or 2 times and it could have definitely been gas. But right after Christmas, around the 18 week mark, Baby Boy started kicking the crap out of me and now there's no mistaken all this movement.

Gender: BOY!

Labor Signs: Umm no way!

We are taking monthly photos of my belly growth - I thought weekly was a bit much, especially since you don't grow that much week to week. I wear the same outfit and we take them in the same room for comparison. So here's my 4 week picture (taken the day we found out) and my 16 week picture, so you can see the crazy explosion that my belly has done!Ahh I miss you little flat stomach! Yeeeeeeeah, no denying that I'm pregnant! And I have been asked by strangers if I'm having twins. I love how people think it's acceptable to ask pregnant people ridiculous questions!!

So that was the first 16 weeks in a nutshell!

10 comments:

ms. mindless said...

You are beyond cute!!! How exciting for you!

Barefoot in the Park said...

I'm so far behind....AND SO EXCITED FOR YOUR ADDITION!! congrats~

LuvRedandWhite said...

You are precious :) I won't be sharing my pregnancy news with many people until after my first trimester (many, many years down the road ;)). I just don't want to jinx anything!

Delta Daisies said...

Congratulations! You look great!

Posh Peach said...

Congratulations grandbig!! SO excited for you and baby boy!!! Yay! :)

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I'm so excited for you! You are adorable!! I can't wait to read all about your pregnancy and your new baby. So happy, congratulations!

Always Organizing said...

You are so cute!! I totally crave ice cold water too. More so in my first trimester than now but it was crazy.

Natalie said...

Congratulations! I'm a ways behind you at 12 weeks. I need to start taking pictures!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Congratulations! You're bump is adorable!! OMG I cannot believe the questions women get asked while prego. Just ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Loads!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs