Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring is here! (at least for today)

So the weather is FINALLY starting to feel spring-like! I'm loving the sunshine and 60 degrees...I even wore a skirt today to celebrate the (hopefully) end of winter! My office is really cold, so I usually don't get to wear skirts until its like 100 degrees out...but I was so happy this morning when I was getting dressed that I couldn't resist!

Speaking of spring (and clothes)...I got a catalog in the mail yesterday for a clothing company i have never heard of before: Joules Clothing Has anyone bought anything from there before??? I'm sort of OBSESSED with everything they have in their catalog and online...I'm very tempted to try it! They're based out of England, but right now they have free shipping (ANYWHERE!) on orders over $150.00. Everything they carry is so fun, preppy and summery. Here's a few of my faves:



I want everything they have! The prices aren't too terrible and I really like that they have a size conversion chart to help you figure out the US sizes for everything. So I will most likely end up breaking down and ordering some stuff...you know, just to try it out. Call it market research. haha. But don't worry...I'm still a J.Crew girl through and through!

In other news, I'm currently planning an engagement ladies brunch for my bff, K, who just got engaged last month. She's really the first one of us from our close group of friends to get engaged (although there are a few who are right behind her, I'm sure), so we wanted to do something super fun, girly and preppy to celebrate the occasion!! we're doing a pink and green garden party (of course!) in the backyard of one of the other co-hosts. I'm SO excited about everything we've planned so far...check out the invites we just sent out:

Obviously it was personalized with our info, but that's the sample from the company we ordered them from. We plan on serving mini chicken salad sandwiches, quiche, fruit salad, brie with crackers and mini strawberry shortcakes for each guest! Now lets just cross our fingers for no rain!

Hope everyone (if there is anyone reading this) has a fabulous, sunny Wednesday!

No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs