Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Strawberry Salad

I made this salad last night for us while J's parents were here and it was a HUGE hit. I got the recipe from my BFF K, who makes it all the time and we literally sit around eating it straight out of the bowl with our fingers. It's so summery, light and delicious. 

The star of the salad is the dressing:
Brianna's Homestyle Blush Wine Vinaigrette. You can find this at the regular grocery store and they make a ton of flavors. This one is perfect in the salad because it really compliments the strawberries. Anyways, here's the recipe:

Spring Mix or Baby Spinach
Small Vidalia Onion, chopped into small pieces
1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
2 oz. soft goat cheese, crumbled
3 Tablespoons of the salad dressing, plus a little bit more for drizzling

A few hours before you want to serve the salad, take the chopped onions and put them in a small bowl. Add the 3 (maybe a little bit more) tablespoons of the dressing to the onions, so that they are basically marinating in the dressing, but not so much that they are like drowning it in. Stick the onions in the fridge until you are ready to make the salad. This really helps cut the onion-y taste from the onions...the vinaigrette helps soften them and make them super sweet. 

Right before you want to serve the salad, add the spring mix or baby spinach to a large bowl, toss in the sliced strawberries and then take the onion/dressing mixture and pour it over the salad. Mix well to start to coat everything in the dressing. Crumble the goat cheese into the salad. I LOVE goat cheese, so I add a ton to this salad and use a very soft goat cheese so it can like start to coat the greens and strawberries. You may want to add a little bit more dressing at this point as well, depending on how much dressing you like on your salad. 

And that's it - now just try and stop yourself from eating the entire bowl. YUM!!! 

10 comments:

Lis said...

YUM!! Thank you so much for this recipe - it sounds SO good!!!

Lis said...

YUM!! Thank you so much for this recipe - it sounds SO good!!!

Anonymous said...

ooh that dressing looks delicious!!

Sandra said...

That sounds so delicious! I would love it right now!! xoxo

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said...

Thanks for the recipe! That sounds delicious and I must find that salad dressing.

Anonymous said...

I love that salad dressing.
I usually make it w/ mixed salad greens, rotisserie chicken and put it in a wrap...yummy!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

MCW said...

I actually make almost the same salad but, I use apples or pears. And I add candied almonds. It's my favorte! Yumm...maybe that will be my dinner tonight!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

That sounds amazing! I have looked at that dressing before, but never very closely because I always thought it was strawberry flavored. I think I will be making that salad in the very near future!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs