Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!


Happy Election Day! I can't believe it's finally here...I feel like it's been a long campaign! I haven't talked much about the election on my blog, because I like staying sort of neutral. I definitely have a preferred candidate, but I think your choice in who you vote for is a private, personal decision, so I won't be sharing it.

This is actually my 3rd time voting in the presidential election...which I think is so crazy!! I voted in 2000, when I was technically still only 17 and I did an absentee ballot because I was down at school in North Carolina. I remember sitting on my bed in my dorm room and staring at the ballot for like an hour before filling it out! I got pretty into the election in 2004, but this year, I have been obsessed and reading everything I can find on both candidates. I think it's so exciting to think about such an historic election, and how it's going to affect our country so much.

I went before work this morning to vote and I was surprised that my voting place was not super crowded. The news had made it sound like all polling places were crazy, but I lucked out and I was in and out in under 10 minutes. I'm proudly wearing my "I voted" sticker...which means I'll be hitting up Starbucks this afternoon for my free coffee! For anyone who hasn't voted yet, remember to get out there and exercise your right to vote!

No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs