Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fun News!

A while back (probably in like March), my photographer from the wedding emailed me, and she told me that an editor from Brides Maryland magazine had found my wedding pictures on her website and wanted to feature us as a "Real Wedding" in their Fall/Winter 2010 issue. She wanted to know if I was interested - umm did she even think she really needed to ask???? A few weeks after that, the editor contacted me and sent me a 15 page (no joke!) questionnaire about our wedding and had me fill it out. Seriously, I have never written so much about anything in my life. They wanted every detail from planning and the wedding, complete vendor list, etc. It was quite intense and took me several days to finish.

Well I'm excited to announce that the magazine is now on newstands!! And we have a 2 page spread, complete with about 12 pictures and an article that they wrote from my questionnaire all about our wedding. It's pretty surreal to see yourself in a magazine - J and I were in grocery store like a week after it came out and I went over and grabbed it, opened it and we both stood there cracking up. They mailed me two issues, and you know I went and bought several more copies. ha! The article actually went in both Brides Maryland and Brides Washington DC, so it's available all over MD, DC and Northern VA if anyone in those areas wants to check it out.

Onto the pictures! (these are very poorly scanned copies, so you can't really read the article at all, but the pictures came out pretty good)
The cover
The first page - it was interesting to see which pictures they decided to use. Love that they used the school bus one!
The 2nd page - I was so excited that they featured my place cards...the only DIY project we had at the wedding! ha!

So that's my exciting news for the week. J thinks I'm crazy, but I'm seriously considering having the pages framed and hang them either in our room or my walk in closet. Is that weird? haha!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Congratulations! I would definitely frame them and hang them up. :)

Erin said...

Congrats! I'll have to be on the lookout for this the next time I'm at the grocery store!

Sherrie said...

That is quite an honor. Congrats!

Hilary said...

Yay, congrats! And that's definitely not weird - it would be a cool momento to have!

MCW said...

OMG! So jealous! So beautiful! I will have to pick it up when I am in MD next.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

GORGEOUS! Great pics!!!!

SkinnyMeg said...

That is AMAZING!!!! I would totally send a copy to everyone I know :)

Always Organizing said...

That is so fabulous! I would totally frame them :)

P*P*P said...

AHHHH! That is SO SO SO exciting!! I may have to go pick up a copy just to see! :)

Congrats! Also -- DEFINITELY frame it! That's so fun!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

I think it looks great. And you should frame it and put it up; I think that would be fun! Hope the new job keeps going great!!! :-) Stay cool!!!

Jordan - Queen of LA! said...

definitely frame them! and congratulations!

Cyn said...

Yay tat is so cool... what an honor! CONGRATS!!! Your wedding was beautiful and I'm glad you got the recognition you deserve.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

That's wonderful...looks like an amazing wedding! xx

Freck said...

Omg how cool!!! Congrats for getting in the mag, that's amazing! They truly are beautiful pictures, your wedding was stunning and looked like so much fun!

Thank you for the congrats as well :) Speaking of your wedding pics, I hope it's okay that I use some for inspiration! Psst, I'm thinking one of our colors will be navy!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs